This week (and weekend) has been a big attempt at getting a lot of little things out of the way. Actually, we were quite productive.

Saturday I was at a wedding all day and then came home to relax Saturday night. Sunday we took Lauren’s parents over to see the apartment and brought our first load of “move in” stuff. We also went down the street to Target to get some basics (TP, laundry detergents, spoons, etc). That set me back a cool $100 but most of that was because I picked up the super-elite-mega-special edition of Monty Python’s Holy Grail. I knew they would do that do me so I held off in buying simply the “special edition” and waited for this collectors set. It’s got everything from an actual film still to a copy of the screen play and more DVD extras than you can shake a stick at.

Monday was where we really go down to it. I called the public records office back home and asked what I needed to do to get a copy of my birth cirtificate. We went to the DMV (here in TX called the DPS) to get me a Texas drivers license. It should be mailed to me in a few weeks, hopefully in time for the trip. We also went to the county court house and got our marriage license.

We also went and I picked out my wedding band. Very cool. I got a titanium and gold band. The gold is a strip / band within (in the middle) of the ring and the part thats touching my finger is actually titanium. I think I’m mildly allergic to yellow gold (or more accurately the nickel in gold) and so this was a cool way of getting the traditional gold in there while having a hypoallergenic and nearly indestructible ring in the process.

My shipment has arrived from New Hampshire as well. It’s at the shipping / transfer station as I write. Paul has offered to go over there at lunch with me and get as much (read: all) as we can and bring it back to the studio. That way, if I have to make more than one or two trips I won’t have to go back to essentially “the docks” to get my stuff, I can take it home to the apartment little by little at my own convience. That was nice of him.

As for the rest of the world, so much has happened since I last wrote. Those Boston boys have made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs and will face off against those ass-hat Yankees tonight. I’ve either watched or listened to every single game of the series. I’m obsessed. I won’t be the A-typical Boston fan and declare this to be “the year” only to be shot down at the end of the week, but its very exciting to see them playing well and if they keep it up they have a real shot this year. I actually would like to see Boston and Chicago in the world series but something tells me that if that actually happens the earth would split open and hell would freeze over. But here’s to hoping.

Also, Half-Life 2 MIGHT (and probably will) be delayed until 2004. The early story out of France said it was definatly delayed, but theres still no official word from Valve. Since I don’t like the French because they smell funny, the only information I plan on taking to heart is that spoken directly from the mouth of Gabe Newell. We wait in anticipation.

There are so many other things I could go on and on about. The record companies reversing their price cuts, Capt. Moron becoming governor of California, Newt being addicted to pain killers. I could go on forever. That will, unfortunately, have to wait until I get my system up. The system should be “running” by tomorrow but a connection to the outside world will probably have to wait until next week. And then… let the blog flood begin.

Matt out.