Oops, almost forgot about this weeks Friday Five. FF is a set of 5 random questions to answer in your own way in your own journal. It’s for nothing but purely random fun.
1. How long have you had a weblog?
My first post (here) was way back on April 29th 2k1. So, I’ve been writting for about a year and a half (give or take)
2. What was your first post about?
The sites redesign and me being lazy.
3. How many changes (name, location, etc.) of your weblog have there been, if more than one?
The weblog itself has always been here at LI but I’ve had pages in at least 5 different spots in the past. I remember way way back in 94 I even had a page at GeoCities. The journal itself has been redesigned 4 times since 2001. This layout is actually the one I’ve had the longest and it’s about 4 months old. The name has changed too. “How do you like them apples” probably winning the prize for longest held title.
4. What CMS (content management system) do you use? Do you like it or do you want to try something else?
Originally I used Blogger and really liked it. Unfortunatly I outgrew it and it just started getting on my nerves. I switched to Moveable Type a week ago and haven’t looked back. I really really like it.
5. Do you read people who have both a journal and a weblog? Or do you prefer to read people who have all of their writing in one central place?
I always combine journals and logs together so I don’t really understand the point of the question. I guess I read other journals that are “in one place” but I don’t understand why they could be otherwise.
And because I missed one…
1. Where were you born?
2. If you still live there, where would you rather move to? If you don’t live there, do you want to move back? Why or why not?
I don’t live in Mass, but I do still live in New England and I love it here. If I could pick any place on the planet to live it would be a small New England town. There’s something about going into the local diner and having everyone know your name that I find enjoyable.
3. Where in the world do you feel the safest?
I actually feel pretty safe here.
4. Do you feel you are well-traveled?
Sorta. I’ve driven up and down the east coast plenty of times and I’ve been out west to Texas, Arizona, Colorado, but I’ve never been anywhere in between. I’ve also never been out of the US/Canada area, so going overseas might be nice. If I had to pick someplace to visit, it would probably be eastern Europe. (GB, Ireland, Scotland etc).
5. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
Savannah GA. It’s seriously a freaky town. More weird shit happens in that town than anywhere else on the planet. 🙂