Well kids, I’m home early. There?s a whole story behind this one. Ok, so we left out around 7am yesterday, stopped for breakfast at the diner and then got on the highway. The dreded i95 into the Northeast Corridor. The drive wasn’t that bad. The whole way though, my Dad was trying to practice this speech he has to give tonight and Lodge and hinted about how he’d like to be home to sleep in is own bed instead of stopping and then going strait to the meeting when he got home today. So, the decision was made to drive strait through. This was before Washington DC. The hellish capital of our country. I say hellish only because the traffic situation around that city is maddening. Honestly. The problem with DC is not the city itself, but that Baltimore is connected to it by a series of beltways and parkways. And since Baltimore is above DC, you can’t avoid one and not the other. So, around DC we go and smacked right into 5pm commuter traffic between the cities. And there we sat until 7:30. After we finally got around Baltimore we decided to get off i95 and take i81 and i70, which run parallel to i95 up the coast. This was frightening. It was a two lane highway, under construction (rt 3 style) and the speed limit was 70mph. I was fearing for my life. Anyway. Somewhere around Scranton PA we stopped for dinner and changed out drivers. We had been doing that the whole way so we wouldn’t get tired. At this point, I took the opportunity to try out AMP, Mt Dew’s new energy drink that Lauren had purchased for me before I left Savannah. From there we drove up into the inky blackness that are the Shanadoa Mountains and didn’t come down until the end of Pennsylvania. On and on we went, constantly thinking about how much worse it would be today with all of the holiday travel. Some time around Worchester, my Dad took over again and finished the last leg of the trip. We pulled into the driveway, blurry eyed and tired sometime around 4:30. I think I was asleep by 4:32. Anyway. I’m home. Huzah!

I?m not quite sure I’m really happy about being home though. The family, not mine, but the extended family, has become much more dysfunctional over the years, my friends, with the exception of a few, won’t be around and my girlfriend is 1500 miles away. Unpleasant. Oh, did I forget to mention that the Canadian relatives were coming for a visit and I probably wouldn’t be in my own bed. How nice. Enough bitching though. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I should be thankful. I’m thankful for family, the non-dysfunctional ones, for good friends, for the love of my life, for my health (relatively, I think I’ve got a cold) and for the opportunity to visit my love for Christmas.

Switching topics randomly. This week should be an interesting one. Today I relax. Tomorrow I eat. Friday I have to drive to Mass to drop off relatives at Logan airport and then go to that friend of the families and start house sitting (hmm, maybe Chris can stop by after Sandra Collins and tell me how it was), Saturday is the biggest concert event of my life and possibly on Sunday I plan on collapsing in a heap of over-activity. Oh well. Then I house sit for a week, then I’m home for two weeks, then I hopefully leave for Texas. My parents don’t like it, but if they were in my place, they’d probably do the same thing. After that, I go skiing for a week, have Christmas, fly home, drive to Savannah and on the 8th of January, I start class again. Which reminds me, I’ve got to change my schedule a little bit. But anyway.

Oh, last thing. I won’t have access to a phone line as much as I’d like, so, email will probably be hard to come by from me for the next month or so. My parents don’t want my computer set up here, I’m sure the people I’m house sitting for won’t want it there, and then I leave. So, If I disappear for a month, I’m very very sorry. Its not my fault. These silly people won’t get a cable modem. Ok, so if I don?t talk to you or see you, have a great holiday season, I know I will. Take care my friends. And try not to get into to much trouble.